This plugin requires EZ-Builder for Microsoft Windows PC.
Get EZ-Builder for Windows
*Note: You will need the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86 installed before this plugin will work. Install the x86 not x64, because EZ-Builder is a 32-bit application. What Can You Do?
Use the Microsoft Cognitive Computer Vision cloud service to describe or read text in images. The images come from the Camera Device added to the project. This plugin requires an internet connect. Please consult the appropriate lessons in the learn section to configure your EZ-B to WiFi client mode or add a second USB WiFi adapter from here: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Course/5
An easy example on how to use this control is to add this simple line of code to the control config. The code will speak out of the PC speaker what the camera sees. Here's a sample project: testvision.EZB
You will need a Camera Device
and this plugin
added to the project. It would look like this...
And add this simple line of code...
say("I am " + $VisionConfidence + " percent certain that i see " + $VisionDescription)
Subscribe To Service
The service requires a subscription, which provides a limited number of requests per month. The API key and End Point from your subscription to the Microsoft Cognitive Computer Vision must be added to the plugin config.
1) Press the CONFIG button on the plugin
2) Visit the Microsoft Cognitive Services by pressing View Subscription or click here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/try/cognitive-services/my-apis/
3) Choose the Computer Vision service
4) Copy the API key into your clipboard. Now return to EZ-Builder and PASTE the contents of the clipboard into the API Key textbox.
5) Return to web browser, copy the End Point into your clipboard. Now return to EZ-Builder and PASTE the contents of the clipboard into the End Point textbox.