This plugin requires EZ-Builder for Microsoft Windows PC.
Get EZ-Builder for Windows
*Note: You will need the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86 installed before this plugin will work. Install the x86 not x64, because EZ-Builder is a 32-bit application.
Requires EZ-Builder version 2017.03.04.00 or higher and Windows 8 or higher
This is an alternative Speech Recognition module for EZ-Builder. Using the Bing Speech Recognition cloud service, this is by far the most accurate speech recognition service that I have ever used.
This service requires an internet connection. That means your EZ-B will need to be put into Wi-Fi Client Mode. Consult the appropiate learn
tutorial for changing the EZ-B to Wi-Fi Client Mode or add a second USB WiFi adapter from here: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Course/5Recording SettingsScript
- Script that will execute for every detected phrase. If there is no match for recognition, this script will not be called.Variable
- The variable which holds the text from the speech recognizer. This may be used in your Script for determining what was spoken.API Key
- Your key for using the Microsoft Bing Speech service. There are instructions in this document below for signing up and obtaining a key.Language
- The language that will be used for recognition.Auto Record
- If enabled, the plugin
will begin recording audio when it has been detected. The threshold is adjusted in the Level Threshold setting.Level Threshold
- This is the threshold to be used for both Auto Recording (if enabled) and when to stop recording. If you find that even in manual mode the recording manually stops too quick before your sentence is complete, lower this value.Silence Count
- How many times the energy volume is below the level threshold before stop recording.Max Recording
- Currently not enabled.Connecting To PandoraBot
When this control detects a phrase, it will be assigned to the variable and the specified script will execute. With this model, you can have this plugin
send the detected speech to a PandoraBot control using ControlCommand
Here is a sample project: bingsearchtest.EZB
Your project would be configured with a PandoraBot
control and this plugin
. It would look like this...
*Note: Ensure the PandoraBot control is PAUSED so that it does not attempt to listen to speech. This is because we will be using this Bing Speech plugin
for detecting speech and passing the detected speech to the PandoraBot using ControlCommand
Add this code to the configuration of this plugin
to send detected speech to the PandoraBot control.
ControlCommand("PandoraBot", SetPhrase, $BingSpeech)
The subscription that you will need from Microsoft is called Bing Speech - Preview.
1) Press the CONFIG button on the plugin
2) Visit the Microsoft Cognitive Services by pressing View Subscription or click here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/try/cognitive-services/my-apis/
3) Choose the Bing Speech Recognition
4) Copy the API key into your clipboard. Now return to EZ-Builder and PASTE the contents of the clipboard into the API Key textbox.
5) Save the configuration menu and begin using the speech recognition API