This plugin requires EZ-Builder for Microsoft Windows PC.
Get EZ-Builder for Windows
This is an alternative Bing Speech Recognition module for EZ-Builder. Using the Bing Speech Recognition cloud service, this is by far the most accurate speech recognition service that I have ever used.
*Note: this is the Advanced Bing Speech Recognition plugin, which requires you to pay for an API key from Microsoft. We provide another version of this which does not require an API key, and you can install it from here: https://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Help.aspx?id=234
Here is the plugin in action combined with the [url=https://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Help.aspx?id=232]Cognitive Vision and Cognitive Emotion services.
This service requires an internet connection. That means your EZ-B will need to be put into Wi-Fi Client Mode. Consult the appropiate learn
tutorial for changing the EZ-B to Wi-Fi Client Mode or add a second USB WiFi adapter from here: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Course/5Recording SettingsScript
- Script that will execute for every detected phrase. If there is no match for recognition, this script will not be called.Variable
- The variable which holds the text from the speech recognizer. This may be used in your Script for determining what was spoken.Language
- The language that will be used for recognition.Auto Record
- If enabled, the plugin
will begin recording audio when it has been detected. The threshold is adjusted in the Level Threshold setting.Level Threshold
- This is the threshold to be used for both Auto Recording (if enabled) and when to stop recording. If you find that even in manual mode the recording manually stops too quick before your sentence is complete, lower this value.Silence Count
- How many times the energy volume is below the level threshold before stop recording.Max Recording
- Currently not enabled.Connecting To PandoraBot
When this control detects a phrase, it will be assigned to the variable and the specified script will execute. With this model, you can have this plugin
send the detected speech to a PandoraBot control using ControlCommand
Here is a sample project: bingsearchtest.EZB
Your project would be configured with a PandoraBot
control and this plugin
. It would look like this...
*Note: Ensure the PandoraBot control is PAUSED so that it does not attempt to listen to speech. This is because we will be using this Bing Speech plugin
for detecting speech and passing the detected speech to the PandoraBot using ControlCommand
Add this code to the configuration of this plugin
to send detected speech to the PandoraBot control.
ControlCommand("PandoraBot", SetPhrase, $BingSpeech)