Windows Release 2016.01.06.00

Changes:

- Happy New Year

- Audio Buffer Enhancement for quicker audio play and response

- Camera video performance decreased lag time by a 50 milliseconds in every second will increase framerate

- Biggest performance boost yet. The last few performance increases have been a result of experimenting with Microsoft's TPL to handle the many many threadable controls and background functions in EZ-Builder and EZ-B.DLL. While the TPL has provided performance improvements, I have recognized significant overhead in Microsoft's Task Factory which handles thread pooling and resource allocation. Since EZ-Robot is responsible and aware of our resources, i decided to write my own TPL task factory equivalent and replace Microsoft's library. This has provided the biggest performance increase that EZ-Builder has ever seen for EZ-Script, Audio, Video Tracking and general UI responsiveness. I call it the EZTaskScheduler, which is technically a factory, scheduler and thread handler all in one. I'm quite pleased with the result, and i'm certain you will be too.

- Added new ez-script examples in the examples folder that installs with EZ-Builder. One that is relevant to this release is the Procedural 4 (Threading) example.

Get EZ-Builder for Windows

I am excited about the EZTaskScheduler. Is there anything special that needs to be done with plugins to use EZTaskScheduler to manage its threads?

I'll post an example on how it works if anyone wants to use it. It is sort of like the background worker on steroids - with task queuing capabilities as well. It's pretty awesome!

Sounds cool. Also, your Example Project is cool. My brain is spinning thinking about all of the implications.
Great update!

Thanks - that example is meant to demonstrate what threading means and how the controls respond. You can't run a script more than once - so if a script is already running, it won't do anything. It's important lessons for threading and demonstrates how to logically sequence tasks.

Happy New Year to all EZ´s.
Downloading......

Fantastic update! Speed increase is always a plus! Happy New Year!

Well! What do you think?

If your asking then it must just be crazy super fast! I'm so slammed, I can't even test drive it, but I'm waiting to hear from those that have!

My InMoov is not running very well on this release. Scripts are skipping lines and the Talk servo is creating this error;

Talk Servo Error: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Text.StringBuilder' to type 'System.IConvertible'.
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value)
at EZ_Builder.Common.NumberToWords(String inText)
at EZ_Builder.UCForms.FormTalkServo.l9hl9MbhBp(Object )

I have uninstalled this release and re-installed the previous one and everything works OK. After re-installing this release, I have the some problems.

Is anyone else experiencing any problems?