Extending The Ez Cam Cable , Splice And Solder?

Hey guys, this may have been discussed so my apologies if I am kicking up an old subject. I have some cables I may need to extend about a foot and was wondering if the communication between the cam and ezb is too sensitive for me to splice in and solder 12 inches of extension with silver solder.

Should be ok. I have the camera cable on my Cybot extended to 24" and it works just fine.

EZR even sells a 60 cm extension cable (although currently on 4 week shipping delay).. http://www.ez-robot.com/Shop/AccessoriesDetails.aspx?prevCat=9&productNumber=99

Alan

Yeah those shipping delays get me every time, Phew! Makes me wonder how many last many orders ez robot would get if they had a setup to ship over the holidays and through the new year , but I am sure they have looked at that Smile

I have extended IDE hard drive cables about 2 foot before. Once I tried a sata cable and FAILED horribly, I think the resistance was too much after the splice to work.

Jeremie has a video of extending the cable 6 feet or something...

Ezrobot sold out of product due to Black Friday and a pile of education sales. Revolution product line is very popular in school systems.

Ezrobot is transitioning to a new manufacturing facility right now, as well. This will rectify shipping delays and offer the products that everyone has been waiting for. Including the Lidar and IPS

Awesome sauce, I am glad to hear you sold out DJ, gotta keep the gears of robotic process turning! I look forward to the Lidar, that is a awesome feature upgrade.

if you can find the pin outs on the cable, double or treble up on the power cores cos of volt drop over 100 meters it's like a volt or two, and never ever ever double up on any data cores.