Release 2017.06.23.00

Getspeed and setspeed is a number between 0-255

If there are two speed sliders on the roomba control, then it supports two speeds and will work with dynamic turning.

@DJ The Map() function could be useful when 3rd party hardware doesn't match 0 - 255 as a speed control. Anyway, I think your dynamic turning ( and ez scripting) is pretty flexible and probably can be used with any 3rd party robot or controller... A little bit of math never hurt anyone... Smile

All ezrobot controls for speed accept 0-255. There's an internal mapping function in EZ-Builder for that.

Show me your roomba code and i'll show you how to turn it into a plugin with speed ability if you want

@DJ Here is a project I created when I was messing with roboRealm for visual navigation. It should provide you with info on how I use the custom Movement Panel and getting other info from the roomba... I am a little embarrassed because I am a little bit of a messy coder... Smile... Let me know if you need anything else...
Create_2_Mapping.EZB

Yeah looks like you should be using the Map function. Here's how to use it...

Quote:

Map( input, inputMin, inputMax, containerMin, containerMax )
Returns a scaled value of input between containerMin and containerMax. Specify the known input’s minimum and maximum values, and the known container (output) values. For example, if you were to scale a value between -1 and 1 to 0 and 180, enter this, which returns 135.
Example: $x = Map(0.5, -1, 1, 0, 180)

User-inserted image

This will work fantastic with IPS... I am almost as excited as when I first got my ezb3 4 years ago... Smile

@DJ, thanks for this new release. You've been pumping these great releases out, it will take me 3 more years to caught up. Smile. You must have figured out how to clone yourself.

Cheers