This plugin requires EZ-Builder for Microsoft Windows PC.
Get EZ-Builder for Windows
This plugin is a test for the Google Speech Service with EZ-Builder. There is some configuration necessary for testing this plugin, as the Google Speech Service is paid and not free. There is a 60 day trial, which you can sign up for. This plugin requires internet access, which means the EZ-B v4 will need to be in Client WiFi mode or connected by Serial Cable. Consult the appropriate lessons in the learn section for configuring your EZ-B to client mode.
Use With PandoraBot
If you wish to use this plugin with PandoraBot, you can send the detected speech to the PandoraBot control using the ControlCommand(). For example, you will add both a PandoraBot control and this Google Speech plugin to your project. Here's an Example Project: testgooglespeech.EZB
Don't forget to PAUSE the PandoraBot control so it doesn't attempt to pickup any audio! We will only be using the Google Speech plugin for audio, so the PandoraBot control can be PAUSED. It will receive speech phrases by the ControlCommand() from the Google Speech plugin.
Your project would resemble this...
Now you can edit the Google Speech plugin and add this code which will send the detected speech to the PandoraBot.
ControlCommand("PandoraBot", SetPhrase, $GoogleSpeech)
The configuration would look like the following image. This will send all received data from the Google Speech plugin to the PandoraBot control.
Configuring Google Services For Credentials
These instructions provide some assistance. I am not google support line. They have their own support if you need assistance Generating a JSON Service Account Key. I provided some information below.
*Disclaimer: google's web config is an absolute frustrating experience with outdated documentation and hidden menu options... It is easy to get lost. Venture forward at your own risk
1) To start, visit https://cloud.google.com/speech/ and select Free Trial
2) From there, you will need to create credientials
3) Configure the Google Cloud Speech API when adding credentials
4) Now create a new credential to get a Service Account Key
5) Select the Service Account that you had already created earlier and choose JSON
6) A JSON file will download automatically. This is the file that you will load in this plugin for authentication before it will work. So save it somewhere useful that you can find in the future. Your Downloads Folder is probably not the best place...
You will need to enable billing, if you get an error that billing is not enabled. Here is assistance link from google: https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/6293499?hl=en
A credit card is necessary for Google's service. However, they won't charge you after the 60 day trial.