Xlr-one Mini Robot Platform

I figured this thread will get filled quick so I gave it it's own section. The XLR-ONE Mini is coming along really well. It will actually have some advancements which the XLR-ONE doesn't have at the moment. For one it will have a shoulder joint that moves both forwards and backwards as well as out to the side. This will give the robot more flexibility. Also The smaller size makes using it virtually anywhere easier than the XLR-ONE v2 due to it's 30" size as apposed to the Mini which is 19".
Also the battery life will be longer and the arms and drive-train will be stronger since it uses the same servos with less weight. Another plus is that i plan on selling them fully built with all hardware and a custom redesigned control unit. So all in all It's going to be a great addition to the XLR family. One other thing before I forget, and this is an addition inspired by Nomad, Im going to have a Female version of the Mini as well. Im working on the custom head and upper body plate as well as a fancier feminine backpack and color scheme. It's gonna be real cool. So I made a quick video explaining some things as well as showing you some of the Mini parts already pinted for testing. I have designed a Mini claw which runs off (1) micro servo and can be used with JD!. More to follow.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Ok heres another update: The Multi-Joint Shoulder and The Mini neck assembly.

stunning how you do that,do one thing i chould change the bolt and nut,
in the grippers.looks alot off them on small space.
cant you work them in the gripper?

This Mini XLR-ONE is coming out awesome if I may say so myself. I just finished printing the Mini Drive Train housing(shown in pics below) and Im so pleased with how the re-scaling is coming along. The power of this drive train is going to be sick. The standard drive train has so much power with the weight it handles and this little guy has the same power with less weight! I also finished the Head with the neck assembly and the neck base cover( also shown in the pics below and will be adding servos later this week) along with the Mini Backpack base. The side doors will be done by tomorrow and im currently printing the "Swivel Belly Base" which goes on top of the drive train connecting the drive train to the upper body and the complete upper body as well so i can draft build it to see the size and feel of how it will look when finished. Im designing a special housing clip for the v4 so its free of it power base and clips into the base of the upper body. Im also looking for a android player for the front chest area that will not be too big but run EZ-Builder apps. I will post more as i go. I really need to get it complete since i already took 5 pre-orders for it since Monday! So i want to have them out for delivery by the end of August.
User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Ok finished the test prints to see size and functionality. Looks awesome and the size is perfect. Im now going to hook up the servos in the drive train and test out the movements and i'll post the videos here soon.
User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Ok the XLR-ONE MIni is done! The drive train works perfect. Made adjustments and tweaks as I was testing so the process went faster than when I was working on the Large XLR-ONE. I will be posting videos tomorrow of the drive train in action.
User-inserted image

Here are the Final Production shots of the finished version which I will be using in my new online ad.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Fantastic work as always.Great design...Quick question.What size tablet will fit on the mini and have you set the price on the mini yet?...

@rb550f The design is made to fit the same size cellphone as the larger one. In the photo it has a Samsung Galaxy S3. I can customize the size to fit upto a Galaxy Note 4. The kit with only the robot no hardware is selling for $299 pre-orders which ship out the end of August. The fully assembled working right out of the box kit is selling for $899. Pre-orders are available by request at Anthony@xlrobots.com. I will officially put them up on the site September 1st 2015 and those will take 4 weeks for delivery. So the pre-orders get theirs a month or so early. Plus EZ-Robot members get 10% off.

As promised first of many videos on the XLR-ONE Mini. Here you will see the New Shoulder-Multi-Joint in action.

Heres some angle shots of the Mini.

User-inserted image