How Do I Shovel My Snow?

With a robot, of course! What did you expect? Smile

This is a robot shell that I built with some students in the summer for a robot challenge. The robot chassis is from an electric seat scooter. I attached part of a shovel to it and stayed warm inside, while the robot did all the outside work Smile

User-inserted image

this is awesome! i wish it snowed where i live...

did you use the motor controller sold in the store for this project?

HAha, thanks Smile It was a lot of fun!

Our motor controller in the store isn't capable of that kind of power. I used an older Sabertooth HBridge.

A more cost effective high power HBridge is also this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1xArduino-Smart-Car-50A-Dual-Motor-driver-module-high-power-Hbridge-strong-brake-/261004097423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc50e778f

I have used those before and they are great!

im surprised it is only 50amps! i thought they would have pulled a lot more amps than that

im not sure if the peak amperage is an issue but could I then use something like this and control the motors like continuous servos?

www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Marine-50A-Speed-Controller-ESC-water-proof-RC-brushed-motor-Racing-Boat-/271093259727?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item3f1e6addcf

You could but i wouldn't trust that. I would stick with the 50a dual motor driver that i posted in the link because it will also allow for PWM which enables speed control.

true the PWM makes sense. you definitely do not want a run away wheelchair at full speed running throughout the house.

college is killing my robot and professional rc racing! I can't wait for winter break in a few weeks. my robotics club at school doesn't like me much with the ezb at competitions. they tell me it isnt fair that it uses the computer via bluetooth... I just tell them "work smarter not harder" haha

You should think about adding an affordable controller that will work with the EZ-B. I would buy one. I sure could use this at my home in the winter.
Is it possible to make it autonomous as well?