Community
Community Forum EZ-Robots EZ-Cloud 3D Printing Community

Categories -> Project Showcase -> 3 axis skull Halloween Prop
Next Last

cjmekeel
USA
[User Details]
Posted at 8/12/2011 6:21:27 PM #1

Finally got my EZB in the mail. Put together a quick video to show off the functionality of my project. Keep in mind this is the very very beginning. I will soon be adding a video camera to enable motion/facial tracking. I will keep updating as I make progress. This is the first "robot" I've ever built. The EZB and the EZ-Builder software really made this simple.

winstn60
United Kingdom
[User Details]
Posted at 8/13/2011 11:03:29 AM #2

Wow this scary and cool and the same time!

TXTCLA55
Canada
[User Details]
Posted at 8/13/2011 4:23:15 PM #3

WOW I foresee some very terrified kids next Halloween. Great project/job!

DJ Sures
EZ-Robot :)
[User Details]
Posted at 8/16/2011 9:10:24 PM #4

Man that is going to be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWESOME for halloween!

cjmekeel
USA
[User Details]
Posted at 8/17/2011 9:01:03 PM #5

Here is the finished crow with flickering eyes mentioned in the LED thread, and a micro servo in the crow body.

Random servo movement + random sleep for 1-10 seconds for the video. I'll probably extend the time to 25 seconds or so later on.

TXTCLA55
Canada
[User Details]
Posted at 8/17/2011 9:18:28 PM #6

WOW cjmekeel You bird is amazing, nice job! Brings back haunting memories of an old Alfred Hitchcock movie though *sick*

DJ Sures
EZ-Robot :)
[User Details]
Posted at 8/18/2011 8:56:18 AM #7

Dude that crow is so creepy... I LOVE IT!

cjmekeel
USA
[User Details]
Posted at 8/19/2011 12:12:25 PM #8

It came out pretty good. The body was $1 from one of those "everything's a dollar" stores. The LEDs are practically nothing and the micro servo was $3. So a suprisingly cheap project.

It'll compliment the animated skeleton nicely. The random movements and random sleep times really give it a more realistic feel.

I'm thinking about a doing a rat with the same effects. I have plenty of ports left on my EZB, might as well use them up!

The skull is down currently because I burnt out the jaw servo, so I'm awaiting a replacement. Once it's running again, I'll post another video.

Creativita
Australia
[User Details]
Posted at 8/27/2011 4:50:04 PM #9

Brilliant job. As a suggestion you could add a motion tracking camera to one eye of the skull and a red LED to the other. And perhaps you could add a mp3 trigger for the crow.

cjmekeel
USA
[User Details]
Posted at 8/27/2011 9:46:23 PM #10

Those are great ideas. These are part of a larger animated scene. I trigger an mp3 and the skull moves and talks and the crows eyes flicker. I also have an antique radio whose dial will move and light up. I will post a video shortly.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Next Last