Award
Congratulations DJ Sures, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Enterprise Firewall Affecting Smtp Plugin?

Assistance Requested

Help GBot with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

GBot claims to have checked these sources:

Hi All,

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to send an email using my yahoo account. I have read, and re-read the plug-in information page as well as every forum discussion thread about the plug-in. I am 100% certain that I have input the information correctly, but I still receive the following error:

"Error on line 1: Failure sending mail."

I wonder if this is being caused by a firewall setting at my university?

The settings I am using on the SMTP Client are:

Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 587
Use SSL, yes
Use Authentication, yes
Username: [my actual email address]
Password: [my actual password]
From name: [my name]
From email address: [my actual email address]

And the script code is essentially a copy and paste from the plug-in information page, with the only change being the email address of the recipient.

I will try to send this again off-campus later to see if the university firewall is blocking it, but in the meantime, any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

Most likely the network is preventing the smtp traffic - which is common to have it filtered and disabled so you cannot run spam bots or to prevent malicious software from using smtp.

There's most likely nothing you can do, aside from talking to your network administrator.

Thanks for the quick reply, DJ. Your software is fantastic and I have had a great experience so far!

That's awesome feedback! Thanks!

There's a mail service the forum uses for sending email updates. I'm wondering if I could implement that service as a plugin. I'll look into it