Roli Rotation Servos Get Hot After A Short Period Of Time

Hello!

The rotation servos on my roli robot get rather hot after a short period of time (10 - 15 minutes) when they are not moving, and make a low humming noise, jolting through the 'dance' movement, it is not one smooth motion.
I just wanted to ask if this was normal, and if not, what can I do to stop this.

Thanyou for your time.
E11iot1

The servos are under constant strain when the arms are straight out, so they will get hot after a while. Since releasing them will make the claws drag on the tracks, the best thing is to find a good "resting" position. If they are pointed straight up it will provide the least strain to the servo to hold the position.

Alan

To add to what Alan said, I tend to find points in the middle of the range that okay for the servo to hold. No buzzing, no twitching, just resting without releasing the servo. I have a lighter arm though, so it is up to you to find the spot on your robot.

Actually, we've been meaning to update the app to put Roli in a more friendly position for his shoulders. I updated the app now, so please update your app as well. You can do this on mobile devices by pressing the Update Apps button. On EZ-Builder for PC, use the EZ-Cloud to download the latest app.

The updated Roli app will also be included in the next release of EZ-Builder.

Hello!

Thanks for the response, I have sorted the problem, putting the arms to rest in the upward position stops them from buzzing.

Thankyou for the help

Elliot