Award
Congratulations fredebec, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Calling Skycams From Ezbuilder

Assistance Requested

Help Steve S with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Steve S claims to have checked these sources:

I wanted to bring up skycams after directing my robot to show them.
The following code brings up the skycam I want, but I would like it to scroll down 2 clicks, and close out after a time period, returning to EZ Builder.
Steve S

Code:

$ISUcam = "http://www.cinewsnow.com/weather/skywatch-cameras/illinois-state"
Browser($ISUcam)
say("I have opened a browser on your computer to I S U")
sleep(3000)
$attributes = "/F /IM dllhost.exe"
sleep(3000)
Exec( "taskkill", $attributes )

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

You need to change the "dllhost.exe" part to the name of your browser. For example:

Code:

$attributes = "/F /IM firefox.exe"

WBS000001,
Thank you for responding.
I tried $attributes = "/F /internet-explorer.exe"
I think we are close, but sure about exact wording.
Steve S

@SteveS, the exact name of the application is: iexplore.exe

This is difficult because 2 EZ Builders helped me, thank you both.
fredebec gave me the exact wording.
Maybe Ez Robot can have an option for 2 that helped?

@Steve S, you're welcome.

Is there any way to have the script scroll down 2 clicks to slightly increase view?
Steve S

You would need to figure out how to get a command to trigger the down scroll button for the camera, if thats the way the way the control works.
You could make EZ-Builder open the link the down button has, though it could cause other problems. Try and see.

@Steve, I think you could use AHK (autohotkeys) to scroll down the IE window. There is keys for "mouse scroll down" or "keyboard down" (http://ahkscript.org/docs/KeyList.htm).
Rich is the expert of AHK, and I think you may find some examples in some of his posts by searching in the forum.

@Steve S, I have tried out your code and have it working so far as it opens up the skycam but it doesn't shut down after a specified time. Did you get it working so that it will close out after a time period and return to EZ Builder ?