Award
Congratulations thetechguru, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Help With Simple Script To Restart Camera

Assistance Requested

Help Jayutmb with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Jayutmb claims to have checked these sources:

So I am trying to get my camera to restart automatically when connection is lost and reestablished... I have script running just fine to get connection back.. however I cant get the script to restart camera back up after connection is back.. I am trying this with no luck..

:loopcam
if(IsCameraActive=0)
repeatuntil(iscameraactived=1)
ControlCommand("Camera", CameraStart)
sleep(1000)
endrepeatuntil
endif
sleep(10000)
goto(loopcam)

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

Two issues. You need to identify iscameraactive as a variable, so you need "$" before it, and you also have a typo in your repeatuntil ("d" at the end)

This should work:

Code:

:loopcam
if($IsCameraActive=0)
repeatuntil($iscameraactive=1)
sleep(1000)
endrepeatuntil
endif
sleep(10000)
goto(loopcam)

In my init script, I actually stop and restart the camera because it is a workaround to the grid lines bug.

My script is:

Code:

if ($IsCameraActive = 1)
ControlCommand("Camera", CameraStop)
endif
sleep(1000)
if ($IsCameraActive = 0)
endif

Since this runs any time I re-connect to the EZ-B, I don't need to loop it.

Alan

Thanks!