dave

so i bin ignorant and abusive? its easy to put the blame on some hardware.

No, Nomad, you actually sounded like a voice of reasion. You mentioned that Chris probably no ill intent. It actually was hardware that put Chris's picutre on the top. We as forum members and responders to a thread have no control over what goes there.

For the record, ignorance is not a bad word. I just means that the person does not know.

I really like the videos of this robot! Keep them coming Smile It will be a nice robot to feature in one of our upcoming videos. Thanks for sharing!

dave

i had same problem few weeks ago,you also mentioned abusive.
the problem is that no one responded the correct way.
my thinking i would be happy iff some has same robot,atleast you have,
some one to chare ideas with.but its the choice off the person who started the ,
topic.and this was not the first highjackked topic this week.
and i know what ignorance mean, ( onwetendheid ) haha

let hopes some one can clean up this topic

I know this is an old posting however I am wanting to build a hex as well and in looking at yours and reading this I have to wonder if you ran into the same issue I did. I began trying to build a phoenix type hexapod bit used the same framework you did with the same mg996r servos and ran into complications with a cheap lobot controller and servos that kept "going out", burning out, or generally broke. So I am wondering if going with the EXROBOT microcontroller and software would resolve all of these issue I keep running into. It appears that this controller can not only run the mg996r servos but even dynamixel! and can handle more than enough servos for a 3 or possibly 4 DOF per leg hex design? Is it really as simple as connecting my servos to the microcontroller, calibrating or "centering" the servos, and control or program from the software? no debugging, compiling, just connect and control? also can six be built with 3dof per leg? if I am correct please tell me as I will dive right in if I am wrong please correct me. sorry so long but anxious to find out. thank you for your time and hopefully a reply on this years old thread.
-Legren-

Legren,
I’m currently rebuilding my hexapod using the HDD Servos and EZB controller, as I complete disassembled it to using the Servos and EZB when I started my InMoov build.
One of the major issues I had was because the framework was ALL metal and with the 20 Servos and 2 batteries the hexapod was extremely heavy and the Servos would buzz like mad in certain hold positions ( normal characteristics of MG996R and most other servos ).

With the HDD Servos there’s no buzzing at all, and are fantastic servos.

I’ll post pics and video once completed.

Chris.

Legren, your questions are correct. Simply connect up to 24 servos directly to the ezb and programming is fun, not compiling and stuff. Add camera and speech and joysticks. Even make a mobile app for your robot without having to compile etc. Smile