Award
Congratulations Rich, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Dual Connection Simultaneously? Tablet Plus Pc?

Assistance Requested

Help mstephens_42 with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

mstephens_42 claims to have checked these sources:

In the rover project we are creating for autonomous indoor light measurement we are interested in having the rover work autonomously from a PC that is installed on the rover. We would like the option to have a tablet interface at the same time for some high level functions such as start measuring and driving, etc. We want to have the robot navigate autonomously recording its position, light measurements, and other data while writing that to a flat file for further analysis. If the rover acts as the single-point IP connection which you can connect to it via a PC or Tablet. If we also put a wifi router on the robot, can the rover mounted PC and the remote tablet both work with the rover at the same time?

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

The EZ-B can only be connected to by one device at a time, but if you are going to have a PC on board, then use that running EZ-Builder and running your EZ-B, and remote into it from a PC or tablet using TeamView/Splastop/VNC/ RDP or another remote control app.

Alan

Or use the custom HTTP server and build a nice HTML interface that'll run on anything with a web browser.

Thanks!