Congratulations thetechguru, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Hb25 Motor Controllers

Assistance Requested

Help RoboHappy with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

RoboHappy claims to have checked these sources:

Hello there,

Hey, this may have been asked before, but has anyone had any luck controlling two Parallax HB25 controllers ? I am trying to experiment getting the two wheels to move correctly via the continues servo control panel, and seem to be having issue with the start/stop values,etc.. I'm sure there is something i'm missing. For now I just want to do a simple and basic left/right/forward/reverse movement. Any help would be great thanks!

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

See this thread.

They need an initialization script, and stopped is not the value you would expect.

Thanks Techguru. I reviewed these threads, and I am basically getting the same results. I tried the init script, that did not help.I wonder if anyone recently has had better luck?

So I finally got lucky here. After two years of not being able to get my Parallax Eddie platform with those HB25 , EZb finally made it happen. After looking thru the threads, turns out I had to make my own adjustments for the motors to even stop let alone going back and forth. Now, with the modified Movement Panel, I can control the directs correctly. I also got it to work via voice command, and just recently via a joystick. I even added a little Cylon voice when you start it :-)
Next will be the ping sensor(and I want to add a couple more), then the camera tracking.
I will post a pic or vid of what I have so far when I the time too.