Congratulations Jeremie, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Assistance Requested

Help Smarty with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Smarty claims to have checked these sources:

today I wanna buy the ez-robot 4-in-1 Orientation Sensor. at the moment I use another MPU6050 and it works but there is a problem..

after two minutes EZ-Robot says:

Comm Err: System.IO.IOException
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a certain period, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (Byte [] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags SocketFlags)
    (offset byte [] buffer, Int32, Int32 size) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
by System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
by System.IO.Stream.ReadByte()
by EZ_B.EZB.(Int32 , Byte[] )
29.04.2015 11:05 - BbytesToExpect: 14
29.04.2015 11:05 - ?
29.04.2015 11:05 - Disconnected

..and crashes

I use:

ControlCommand("MPU6050", Init)

ControlCommand("MPU6050", RunOnce)

for the updating..

If I change the sleeping time to (1000) the EZ-Board crashes in 5 minutes.

Now I want to use your Original-Sensor and I must wait for it.. because I dont know is this a Software or Sensor-Prob. we will see.
So actually I have a new question:

Can you post the script for JD to stand up If he's falling over ?

thanks a lot

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

So it works, but then stops? You are getting data from your sensor? Which MPU6050 product do you have specifically?

I use a Arduino MPU6050 Sensor.. Yes, it works fine and I can read all data. but after a few minutes the ez-controller freeze. I cannot connect again and must restart the controller.

Check wiring. If the I2C has an issue the EZ-B will freeze up - this is by design of the main processor manufacturers. If there is an intermittent fault on the wiring to the sensor this may cause the problem described.

<<I use a Arduino MPU6050 Sensor

Can you provide a link to it?

User-inserted image

I use this one at the moment..

Gyro and ACC sensor is MPU6050 + High precision Barometer MS5611
+ 3-axis digital compass HMC5883l - all in one

tonight I check the wiring.

There is a JD project called JD ACCELEROMETER - Download that from the EZ-Cloud and it is setup to use that sensor.

The reason you are receiving that error is due to the i2c of your arduino sensor not having proper pull-ups and perhaps incorrect wiring sizes. There are dozens of variables which cause i2c to not work. i2c is a very fragile protocol and requires specific research into the wiring, resistors, and capacitors - it's not as simple as just connecting wires.

Ours will be shipping very soon - they are being manufactured as we speak.

There is a ? (question mark) next to the X (close) of all controls. Press that icon ? (question mark) to access help for any control.

Here is a link directly to the help for the 6050 control:

In the future, please try the ? (question mark). it's located next to the X (close) button.

User-inserted image

@ DJ

Im not using a mobile phone for robotics..
a notebook, only.

it will be great to add the script to the Windows EZ-Software Scripts.

Hello @Smarty

The EZ-Cloud project files are also available for you to access through a Windows notebook. Just select File -> EZ-Cloud "Open" -> JD with MPU6050 Accelerometer.

User-inserted image

perfect, thank you :-)