Inmoov - D.cochran Style

Awesome looking robot David. Spock looks great.

Just a thought don't mean to hijack your thread, but I would run all your arm wires like in the picture there is a square groove where the servos fit onto. you can put the wires through Making it look a little cleaner.
The Single servo wire coming from the shoulder servo to the shoulder itself is for the rotation up and down. The servo wires for the shoulder servo the wires come up between the piston in the shoulder itself and the pot as you can see in the picture.

I believe it would look better than what you have and give spot the justice he deserves he really looks great!

Cheers
User-inserted image

Thank you for the photo Mike. Yea, I do need to do some wire management. I want to make sure that there are no issues prior to doing this but the photo definitely helps.

Thank you all for your kind words.

I decided to mount a small speaker behind the mouth. I have a battery powered bluetooth speaker box that will be used for shows that will sit on the bottom of the stand but for development work, I really just want to have a small speaker.

5v amp should be here tomorrow. I am printing a box that will hold the speaker, amp and power regulator. I will post photos when it is finished tomorrow.

User-inserted image

I have done the same. One thing to note is that a decent speaker is heavy and since it is mounted away from the neck pivot causes a decent smount of torque. My neck servo buzzes with the speaker there but is ok eithout it. Note my bot has a standard size servo in the neck and not the giant servo

Yea, it is pretty small speaker. It is the same configuration that we used in our pods that we were building. The video that I had published on Youtube has the audio muted these days due to me having played a song with a copyright.

It should work for dev. The shows speaker is a 100 watt bluetooth speaker that will run for about 100 hours on a charge. "Ion Explorer Outback Wireless Rechargeable Speaker" It will be far enough away from the robot to prevent any issues.

I only have a servo for the jaw and eyes in the head. The head is very open inside. The left and right movement I am going to attempt to do with the neck. It will be more limited than a left and right servo in the head, but should be good for about 50 degrees in each direction or so.

Who knows, I may continue to upset my wife while she is trying to sleep with the bluetooth speaker if I need to do something different in the head for dev.

The head has only the parts necessary to allow it mount to the neck and to allow it to use the jaw and eyes. It is much lighter than the old head that I had. It should be okay with this small speaker I think but we will see.

If the placement of the speaker is an issue, I will move it to be inside the head more, probably at the back of the head over the neck. It should still work out pretty well.

I too have a speaker in front mouth. I don't seem to have any issues with weight the neck seems to move fine. The only thing I had to do is use my dremel to cut the front and back edges down so the jaw opening does not caught it when moving and when the neck moves and turns left and right.

Well, I couldn't just give Spock one internal speaker. There was a ton of room in the head, so now he has two speakers, one on each side of the head pointing downward out of the gap in the neck area. They are positioned pretty far back, so the weight shouldn't be an issue.

Okay, enough building. I am going to continue on the EZ-Builder project.

I will wrap and route the shoulder servo wires when I am stumped on a problem and need time to think.

Hi everyone
Very interested in how you all approach the arm wiring and hiding the cables. Very interesting how you wired it Merne.
Also I have the speaker in the mouth and find that head settles forward on power down and tends to pull the neck out of the neck socket [bob houston style neck]. have great weekend
lorn