What Will Happen To The Ezb V3 Trade Ins?

I can't help but wonder if ez robot is going to put together "educational kits" for electronics or science classes for public schools.
Or the alternative. .
Maybe the components will be stripped off the pcb and used to line the ceiling as a decorative tile, like the way Steve Jobs lined his bathroom floor in iphones?

Quote:

...Steve Jobs lined his bathroom floor in iphones...

There's an anti-Apple joke in there somewhere. Smile

We will put them in a box - there will be discontinued support so sending them out won't help anyone Smile

you can send them all to me Grin
I will make "Good" use of them Tongue Tongue Tongue

Haha - I suspect there are many ppl who want them. It's not cost effective for us to maintain support for the v3, sorry. We are too small to support both products.

I still have many old copies of EZ-Builder Smile so I will always have the "z3 support" I will need lol

But I really would love to have at least 5 for a few non robot projects I have in mine have 2 now so I am looking for 30 more.

That's not entirely true @Wolfie...

You will have a version of EZ-Builder which runs the V3, there is a big difference between that and actually having support.

Script syntax may change (it has done a few times since I've been here), controls will act differently etc. There will be no support for your V3 or the software you are using to run the V3 should you run in to problems.

Undermining the efforts of EZ-Robot to remove these out of date boards with a very generous offer will not help anyone either. Receiving $50 for a $69 board (less shipping) is an incredible offer from EZ-Robot. It is a cost they can bear to remove the V3 from the wild so that the V4 can become used to it's fullest potential.

Would you use an old Amiga 500 to browse the internet? Would you use an old Betamax video player to watch movies on your Ultra HD TV?

If you are that set on using old technology I'm sure people would gladly accept $40 cash over $50 store credit... But you make a rod for your own back by using old technology that's at it's maximum potential.

I love the V3 , but that's only because the v4 didn't exist. I am fully in support of ezb v3 trade in , plus all those trade ins are likely to turn around and buy even more products. It is a win for everyone.

At my employer, as a cell company we do the same thing. We buy back old devices and apply that to new purchases. Because radio tech like 4G and LTE means the equipment must be capable to support all the apps and new communication standards. Buying back old , non compatible devices, improves the end user experience , typically gains at least one sale of a new device for the company and allows us to continue to develop without leaving customers in the dust.

Josh,
I agree lets move on to EZB4, that is what I am doing.
My new robotics project is EZB4, it is awesome.
I also agree if someone wants to keeps an EZB3 robot, they should not be thrown out of the picture!
They paid for that!
How is keeping a "Classic" not allowing new customers to move forward?
D.J. said they are a small company and cannot support both.
They do not have to support both, just list the last EZB3 on download page.
I am moving forward with EZB4, but lets not forget everyone who built a special robot with EZB3!
Steve S

<<Would you use an old Amiga 500 to browse the internet? Would you use an old Betamax video player to watch movies on your Ultra HD TV?>>

I get Wolfie's desire to keep the v3, it's awesome.

The Amiga and Betamax I think were less than the perfect comparison to the v3. The Betamax was released in 1975 (40 years ago) and the Amiga 500 in 1987 (28 years ago).

<<Undermining the efforts of EZ-Robot to remove these out of date boards with a very generous offer will not help anyone either.>>

@Rich, do you honestly feel that way because Wolfie wants to keep his v3 and pick up a couple more? How does that undermine the efforts of EZ-Robot?