Award
Congratulations Richard R, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Ultrasonic Sensor On Adc Ports

Assistance Requested

Help bhouston with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

bhouston claims to have checked these sources:

I am trying to get a HC - SR04 Ultrasonic sensor to work off of ADC ports and having a little difficulty. Before I go any further into frustration - can you run this sensor off of ADC ports?

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

@Bob... to be honest I don't think it's possible... Not the HC SR04 anyway... These can Maxbotix Range finder , however...

OK that explains it, maybe I'll try the another type I have that I got from Radio Shack. It only has 3 pins so maybe I can hook it up like my PIR to an ADC port.

Here is a ping (that works with the ezb4) that only uses one digital port... Price isn't bad and performance is similar to the SR04... inexpensive ping

@bhouston you'll need to use a digital port for the Parallax PING sensor (the one from Radio Shack) or 2 digital ports for the one from EZ-Robot (the HC-SR04). These are not designed for use on a ADC port.

Are you just experimenting, or have you ran out of digital ports?

@Richard R Thanks, That one is the same as the one from Radio Shack. Your new winnings should help you but some more EZB stuff. Congrats

@JustinRatliff, Yes, I have run out of digital ports. I'll have to get another v4 connected to my project.

@Bob... thanks... LOL... Can you use a sharp IR sensor instead? It uses analog....

Thanks Richard, I'm going to connect a second v4 to my project and that will give me all the digital ports I need. Do you know if there is a tutorial somewhere on running two boards? I've got them both connected but trying to find how to add a servo to the second board.

ping me on skype @bhouston.. I can help with the hook up

In general, your first board is board 0. All controls and script commands go to this board. All controls (except Movement Panel) have the option of selecting another board. Your second would be board 1, 3rd, board 2, etc.

All script commands also have the board number as an optional parameter.

Alan