Omnibot Anniversary Edition By Xlrobots.com

This is great work Anthony. Very nice and creative to take the old toys and spice them up a bit. If you start selling them commercially I hope you don't run into any copyright issues or cease and desist letters from corporate lawyers. I really need to watch what I do with my B9 as the owners of the license are very protective of everything that makes him up. Everything from the body to the voice. I've found this to be the case with the pinball industry also. Even the old companies that are out of business watch this stuff like a hawk. And don't even try to make money off of anything to do with Elvira, she's a real witch when anything of her's gets ripped off.

Good luck and stay clean. Winky

@ Anthony: a bit off topic: if you ever decide to print an Omnibot 2000 just half size or even less, let me know. Would love to have my favourite bot for my desk only....kinda like the small Johnny 5 robots sold in the second part of Short circuit.
Mike

Ok it begins. Here is the first test of the Omnibot 3000 Anniversary Editions Arm assembly minus the claw. The claw will be a mini version of my HD-7 claw. The is powered by 2 servos. One for the shoulder and one for the elbow. The robot when finished should measure close to 3 feet in height. Since this build is a desktop assemble it should go rather quickly. The bot will consist of 2 arm assemblies with HD-7 claws. Two piece head unit, a pan/tilt all in one neck piece,the upper torso which connects to the lower drive train assembly. The bot will be powered by a 6 wheel drive system etirely 3D printed down to the wheels. A 7 in lcd display on the chest and a 5" lcd on the back. The bot will be controlled by 1 EZB v4. The drive system will run on 4 high torque continuous rotation servos. No need for bridges.
Will be trying to get this completed before the xmas if all prints go on with out a hitch. will be posting daily. Parts are printed using my wafer support system which comes off the finished pieces in a snap, no cutting,sanding just pull off.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Very nice! Cant wait to see more of it!

Ok heres the new video for the XLR-1 Mini-Arms.

User-inserted image

Note: I will adding the option for a swivel wrist attachment. Tonite i will be posting the first renders of the new head and body prior to the test prints.

thanks dude way awesome.

Hey guys, moving along to get this one out asap. heres an update.

xlrobots.com/Omnibot-3000-Update.swf

Wow! im so happy with the prints for the head of the Omnibot 3000 A.E.
heres a few pics of the top part. took 6hrs to print with supports. Dont like the supports that makerware uses so im going to make my waffers from now on. Will have the done for tomorrow reveal.
User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Finished print of head and lens.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image