Djandco's Wall.e

 
#1

Hi,
This is my take on the EZ-B Wall.e
While I wait for my kit to arrive I thought I would share some ideas.
The first step was to do the arms, I had some small servos left over from an Arduino project which will do the arms and hopefully the neck too.
So far I have the arm section done, I will post as I go along and I welcome any suggestions.

This method leaves the clutch in place on the arms.
It also gives around 80° of movement in his arms.

Regards

Djandco


User-inserted image
User-inserted image

#2

That's a neat way to setup the arms! Do those little servos have enough juice?

#3

You could say that they pack a punch (pun intended Grin )

These have quite a lot of power, so much so that I have added another for the head L / R and am trying to put one in for the neck U / D.

Just not sure how long the batteries are going to last with all that I have in mind!

Need my modded servos so I can sort out his wheels, that one should be fun Frown

#4

bump?

#5

You could go.for a big battery. A walle can fit a yusa 7ah batt or 6v 4.5ah battery that goes in omnibot. That would give you plenty of juice right?

#6

I was looking at the li-po batteries from ebay, not sure what to do yet, I wanted the thing to look as little modified as possible, so basically no nailing the battery to the bottom for balance!

Anyway, I was looking for controller software for a joy pad and I found this which seems o work a treat, just used a PS3 controller to test the track mods, (until the batteries in Wall.e ran out again!)



MotionJoy

#7

More pictures of a first assembly to soon how much room I have inside.
Not quite as much room inside for the batteries as I first thought.


User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

#8

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

#9

Just in case the other thread does not get read I thought I would post the link to some more mp3 sounds

Wall.e sounds

#10

I added a 6v 4.5ah battery today which meant that the EZ-B has to go on the back.
Obviously this was planned to increase the air flow over the regulators to keep them cool Winky

The only problem I have now is when I load the project the board does not connect. I just get a fast flashing red, slow flashing blue and the builder locks out.
Tried restarting and all sorts of things but my project simply works no more *mad*
If I connect and do simple things then it works fine, just doesn't like big projects by the look of it!


User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image