Congratulations DJ Sures, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Cant Initialize Uart Port In Ez Builder & V4 Ezb

Assistance Requested

Help Dave Schulpius with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Dave Schulpius claims to have checked these sources:

I've been working on sending position commands to my Kangaroo X2 through UART port 0. Using the Example Project "UART Peripheral" I can initialize UART port 0 just fine and send commands. I connected to my V4 EZB and initialized it with the already written script. I was able to send commands and move my motors through the new project example. When I start up my own old project I've been working on for years and install a new EZ Script and write in the same initialization command I get an error in the debug window;

1: UARTInit(0, 0, 9600 )
> Error on line 1: This feature is only available for EZ-B v4
Done (00:00:00.1440082)

Any idea on how to overcome this issue or what I could be doing wrong? It's gotta be something with my old project. I do have the latest downloaded EZ Builder available. *confused*

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

Are you connected to the EZ-B v4 when that script runs?

Yes @DJ. I am connected over Wifi.

On EZ-B #0?

OK solved, I had the board index pointing to the wrong board. In the Example Project I had the connected board as 0. In my project it's actually 1. So the proper code is:

UARTInit(1, 0, 9600 )

@DJ, I see you came up with the answer while I was down trying this out. Looks like I aspire to greatness at times (by accident mostly Winky ). Thanks for being there for me though.

anytime Smile glad to hear you discovered the answer