Xlrobots.com Zero-rov-r!

Ok now working of the Zero-ROV-R. Here are the Starting renders.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Interesting wheel movement...

Smile Smile Smile Smile
j

make a transporter for jd robot.

THe Zero-ROV-R is Josh's design and concept. There is another Rover in the lineup as well. Its the XL7-Xplorer. Single HD-7 arm full 360 sensors, hd cam,app/voice control,,6 wheel drivetrain Larger body frame. 6x Lipo Battery power. front and rear super-bright LED search lights, rear hazard lighting and a custom air brush theme.
User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Cool designs guys, I really like the unique style!

I think it's pretty awesome to see the progression as XL Robots moves forward, I remember seeing napkin sketches from @jstarne1-XLRobots.com last month, crazy to see how far it's already come.

One word, Omniwheels... Imagine what freedom of movement they would give this design! Perhaps even Anthony could design some new type of Ominwheel based wheels which could mean the robot could move forwards without needing the front and rear wheels to move inline with the middle wheel...

@Rich. , over the last two weeks I have been testing different wheels at a local hobby shop who was happy to participate in finding / designing purpose made wheels. The only problem with omni wheels is performance on uneven terrain , carpet and slopes. We will consider making our own omni wheels that are also purpose made. Right now the best general purpose options I am seeing are solid rubber tires with a tread that peaks in the center. Many things about the project I have not posted so that the direction of the builds do not look all over the place.

@Skater-j , thanks man we appreciate feedback in both directions. The pic above are general concepts and I'm sure they will change a few times. Right now a pan and tilt sensor orb is planned for zero rover and two accessory mounts for airsoft guns or arms.

@rich heres my omni wheel. i think it works well with the design.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

If you were to angle the smaller wheels so they point forwards when the wheel is at the angle it shouldn't give any resistance while moving forwards but should also allow the front wheels to move forwards when needed causing the bot to rotate in position... At least in theory it should... if that makes sense?

I don't have time to sketch it but when I get chance, if the above isn't clear enough, I'll do a quick sketch.

Amazing job guys. Like Jason said, I can't believe this was just on a napkin about a month ago. Can't wait to see the first protoprints.