Omnibot 2000 , Rad 2.0 Vacuum Bot

I like that Idea!

My inner nerds comming out ha ha ha , robots could follow us around the show .

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Very cool inner nerds I think! Meeting up at some time would be awesome! Those pics with Omnibot and the vac are so cool!

Kevin

That bot is going to look uber cool!

Ok my girlfriend went home so I have a couple nights to get the project working. I removed all factory electronics without cutting any wires. Brain and everything is intact so I'm putting all of it on eBay. Might get me 50 to 75 for a perfect set of guts. The bot has Brown discoloring in some places. I have it in the dishwasher with 3 to 4 cups of bleach and regs dishwashing powder. If this doesn't do the trick any other ideas? I don't know strong the OEM drain is. There's 8 sets of plastic gears so I see why its loud.

Check out Vanilla Ice in the Project Showcase section of the Forum. There's a lengthy discussion of using Retr0Bright.

http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Ok I went to sallys beauty supply and got a large bottle of peroxide layup. That's peroxide that is already gelled. It was 3.50 USD. Then a tub of oxy clean powder for about 3.50 as well. Last night I washed parts in diswasher with 3 cups bleach and barely made a difference. So now I'm trying the retro bright peroxide method!

That all seemed like too much work to me so I just painted mine like DJ did his omnibot - I just changed the color scheme on mine. You can use plastic spray paint and it works really well.

I have a weird thing about stuff being nice as possible before nodding. I actually plan on a automotive quality paint job from a body shop however I won't do that until all cutting , molding
, fiberglass ext is done. So ill give it the college try but in the end its getting paint. Smile but that could be 3 months from now so I like it to look good as possible in progress pictures.