Movember.

 
#1

I wasn't going to post since it's not exactly robot related but since it's for charity and men's health I guess it should be OK to mention.

It's Movember!.. Is anyone else taking part and raising money for men's health in exchange for sporting a badly grown moustache for the month of November?

If anyone wants to donate to it please follow this link and donate via my Mo Space. Anything helps no matter how small it is. You'll also get to see photos of my badly grown upper lip hair...


Any donations are very gratefully received but please don't feel obliged to donate.

I hope it's ok to have posted this here, if not I apologise.

#2

Now everyone is gonna post a picture of their stache now. Who does the $ go to specifically.

#3

82.2% Allocated to Men's Health Programmes
Of the funds raised in the UK in 2012, 82.2% has been committed to programmes supporting prostate cancer and testicular cancer initiatives.
The Movember team is proud of the high percentage of funds committed to programmes which is above international best practice of 80% of funds raised invested in programmes.

8.6% Fundraising Cost and 2.4% Administration Costs totaling 11%
A number of fundraising and administrative tasks are necessary to run an organisation and campaign the size of Movember.
The Movember team is proud of its low fundraising and administration costs, which in the UK was 11.0% of the funds raised. This is well below international best practice which is in the range of 15% - 20%.

Costs that are grouped under fundraising and administration include:
Salaries for staff involved in management, technology, fundraising and administrative tasks
Credit card processing fees
Systems development and technology to run Movember.com, the mobile applications and to process registrations and donations securely
Telecommunications and computer equipment
Office rent and general office maintenance costs
Legal costs
Insurance
Bank fees

6.8% Retained Funds
As a fiscally conservative organisation Movember retains a small percentage of funds to cover future campaigns and to ensure the long-term continuity of the organisation. The retained funds are being progressively built up over multiple campaigns, and once the Board of Directors are satified they are at a sufficient level, no further funds will be retained.

2.4% Admin costs

Taken from their website. There's loads more on there too.


If more people do it we should have done an EZ-Robot team.

#4

Hardly, badly grown stash! Good on you for becoming envolved in a worthwhile charity/endevour ! and GOOD on EZ- ROBOT for donating as well!

#5

Just to bring back an old topic (no point in making a new one).

It's Movember again which means I'm sporting a furry upper lip again (despite it being a rather bad mo) to promote Movember, mens health etc.

So I guess it's time I ask for your support in whatever way you can. If you can afford to please feel free to make donations at mobro.co/RichPyke. If not then moral support is just as welcomed.

Details are in last years posts as to what Movember is all about, how much of the donation is passed on to the charities etc. and what it all does and means.

I'd love to smash my previous 3 years records.

Also, if anyone else is partaking in Movember it would be awesome to see how you're doing.

To follow my "mogress" or to make a donation check my mo space at the url above.

Thanks.

#6

Don't worry Rich, ezrobot is represented by my Mo!

You can find me at mobro.co/jakestika

Good on ya mate!
User-inserted image

#7

Now that just makes mine look even worse!

User-inserted image

#8

For all the hair on your head and not on mine, just let me have the better moustache!

#9

I'm just enjoying all this hair while I can!

20 Days of my Mo... (However day 1 was missed)
User-inserted image

#10

@Rich, I've been trying to grow a 'stache all month but nothing's happening! Yours is impressive compared to mine! I think I don't have enough testosterone... Winky