Award
Congratulations coryBlair, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Printing The "six" Hexbot On A Makerbot 2: Questions

Assistance Requested

Help Anthony XLRobots.com with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Anthony XLRobots.com claims to have checked these sources:

@ DJ Sures and staff. Hello all, I am having an issue with the stl's for the "Six" Hexbot. Everytime I try to print them out(the legs) they always fail at the end of print. I thought it was my printer, but all my other prints come out fine. Is there a specific way your placing the parts on the build plate? would it be possible to get a x3g file from you guys with the parts placed as they are printed at EZ-Robot?

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

@aameralis , Does it just stop printing or becomes mis aligned? What do you see is happening?

I don't have 3d print experience but I imagine we might need a bit more info to try and help.

@jstarne1 it finishes at the point you see in the pic. every time. I use to think it was the printer, but you see all the stuff I print for LeXI comes out perfect, damn even her hubcaps came out perfect and I was worried about the outter ring.

-Have you tried flipping the part over so it prints from the opposite side?

-Did you make any changes like reducing infill?

- I have seen other people reduce the infill and wall thickness and when they print anything below min set wall thickness it just doesn't print.

-Perhaps increase the wall thickness and infill would be the first thing I can think of.

Have a read through this thread.

I haven't read through it all but recall @tameion having some issues with printing which were mentioned.

Ok, after 2 tries I finally got it! it's funny when you see the way the print worked the best. pic below.
User-inserted image

User-inserted image
User-inserted image

User-inserted image

Awesome! That's a pretty blue too

That looks great! We print them in our shop the opposite way you have done with the blue one. To make it stand and print properly, we create supports around the ez-bit adapter making it into a square. Then we simply clip off the excess plastic. Doing it this way, we can print 8+ at one time with high success Smile

Attached is a pic Smile
User-inserted image

@aameralis We create our own supports for most of the parts and this is what we have done for Six's feet. I included a stl of 6 feet with supports.

User-inserted image

SixFeet.STL

@ Cory your the best! I really appreciate this. Thank you for your help.