Award
Congratulations Rich, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Converting A Servo To A 360 Rotating Servo.

Assistance Requested

Help Anthony XLRobots.com with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Anthony XLRobots.com claims to have checked these sources:

How to convert a Standard Servo into a 360 rotating servo? Want to make LeXI's wrist have greater motion than the 180 degrees.

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

@rich when I finish converting it, how would I address it in EZ-Builder? ex: servo(d0,1)
sleep(500)
servo(d0,350)
sleep(500)
servo(d0,1)

would that do it or do I have to use the Modified Servo input?

There are commands for Modified Servos.

Code:

Move(D0,Forward)
Move(D0,Stop)
Move(D0,Reverse)

@rich so I would set it up like her shoulder motor, by miliseconds?

I saw a tutorial that involved using 2 x 2.2 ohm resisters and removing the involvement of the potentiometer. what would be the difference from your video and that of the instructables.com

servo hack

There are various methods of doing it. Choose whichever you feel most comfortable doing. There is no right way, only different ways Smile

@ rich tanks for the quick info, really appreciate it.