Congratulations Rich, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

What Microphone For Ez-builder?

Assistance Requested

Help Richard R with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Richard R claims to have checked these sources:

My Panasonic Toughbook does not have a built in mic... Before I trawl eBay for one does anyone recommend a good quality one that will work well with EZ builder?.... I realize I probably need to avoid the cheap ones from China that of course flood eBay auctions...

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

You are right, avoid cheap ones - I've got through about 7 mics so far and yet to find a good one because I've been trying to be cheap.

Tony (@toymaker) recommends the revolabs xtag wireless mic although it is expensive I have no doubts that it is very capable.

Alternately, you could use a bluetooth mic, one designed for a hands free headset for a phone. I got a cheap one and it didn't work too well (constantly playing up although the mic was great when it worked).

Thanks.... Cheers Smile

Added another alternative after I hit reply too soon, possibly a cheaper alternative.

Ouch, seriously pricey!....A bit out of my price range so I will have to keep looking....

I have had good luck with the Motorola Roadster hands free speaker. It has a noise canceling microphone that is the best I have tried, and the speaker is really loud (probably louder than max volume on the Toughbook). Prices are dropping because Motorola just launched a version 2.

Ha, ha... No Bluetooth in my CF-19, either.... Thanks Alan

Bluetooth dongles are only around $5 Smile

Dongle plus Motorola Roadster looks like it could be a cost effective option.

Is the CF-19 going to be on-board the robot? Decent quality wired microphones should not be hard to find or very expensive. (really good ones are, but less than an equivalent quality wireless).

I'm having good luck with the USB connected Blue Snowball. It has 3 different settings for sound detection.