Award
Congratulations Jeremie, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Dj How Disi You Wire Up The Wheels On The Shovel Bot?

Assistance Requested

Help Anthony XLRobots.com with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Anthony XLRobots.com claims to have checked these sources:

Hey DJ, I just scored 2 Pride Revo Scooters. The Wheel assembly has a thick red and blk wire and a thin yellow and black wire the red/blk work great for forward and reverse(switch polarity) but how do I make it turn?

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

You may want to post pics

The motors I have on my scooter base have an electric lock. they are small wires going into the motor/gearbox. They need a few volts to unlock the gearbox.

@dj Sures. Ok but is yours one with 2 motors one for ea. wheel or 1 motor for both wheels?and the wires for the grear box. they make the wheel lock for turning?

I'm fairly certain @DJ's shovel bot has two independent motors, I suppose the wheel lock is for default braking (so the scooter doesn't run away on you until it is the throttle is activated). His chassis was from a wheel chair rather than scooter so the 2 separate motors are needed to be able to turn in a tight radius, I have a feeling that the scooter has a single axle at the back and the two wheels can't be driven independently.

*stress*

the guy I got them from will swap the 2 for a compass motorized chair. Same a the Hoveround with independent wheels. plus and additional $150. what can I do but swap it and move on.

Sorry man that sucks , it's not such a good deal anymore

@jstarne1 not really. when i was going thru craigslist scooters were cheap but the hoveround and similar chairs were $500 and up. Plus they looked like they went to hell and back. this guy is in the business. he repairs and refurbishes the chairs,scooters and alike. he is going to look for the motors wit the wheels only and get me a price for the future bots.Since I am going to have to make 2 more LeXI's for this party company, i'll be better off to have them now.