Award
Congratulations jstarne1, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Not Able To Update Over Usb Serial

Assistance Requested

Help Niek with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Niek claims to have checked these sources:

I'm trying to update the firmware of the EZ-B inside my robot. It's connected to the PC over a USB-Serial converter. Every time it just hangs at "Uploaded".

However, when I switch to the bluetooth module, it works fine. Any reason why?

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

perhaps the usb-serial module isn't timed correctly? Try forcing the baud rate to 9600

I wouldn't know how. The baud rate is set by the computer, not the USB-Serial module.

@niek check your connection properties in windows you should have a drop down box to set baud rate. When I get home I will try to find it if you haven't already.

Update- are you using win 7 or 8 ?

Windows 7/8
Start (if Windows 7) or Control Panel (Windows 7 or 8)
Devices and Printers
Right Click on the EZ-B (unless it's called something else i.e. USB-TTL)
Click on Properties
Click on Hardware along the top
Click on the Port (Standard Serial... or whatever the USB one is called)
Click on Properties down the bottom (Above OK Cancel and Apply)
Click on Port Settings along the top
Adjust the settings to suit, Click OK when you are done

Thanks, I'll try it as soon as I get my omnibot back together Smile

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, Catch a tiger by the toe. If he screams, let him go, Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Josh wins Smile

Yay! , thanks I didn't know they used Meeny Miny Moe descision making skills in the Netherlands Winky lol

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe is used globally Smile I believe it was even used to decide which caves to check first when they were looking for Bin Laden.