Award
Congratulations Rich, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

How To Replace Bluetooth With Usb Adapter?

Assistance Requested

Help Anthony XLRobots.com with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Anthony XLRobots.com claims to have checked these sources:

Ok as seen on my omnibot 3000 thead, i bought a usb connector to replace the bluetooth one. How to connect it? Has more wires than the bluetooth one,any ideas? Heres the item specs-

Product Description
Stable and reliable chipset CP2102.
Standard 4 pin 0.1" pitch terminal strip to connect directly to UART or I/O pins for easy access to your MCU.
USB specification 2.0 compliant with full-speed 12Mbps.
Standard USB type A male and TTL 6pin connector.
6pins for 3.3V, RST, TXD, RXD, GND & 5V.
All handshaking and modem interface signals.
Baud rates: 300 bps to 1.5 Mbps.
Byte receive buffer; 640 byte transmit buffer.
Hardware or X-On/X-Off handshaking supported.
Event character support Line break transmission.
USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins.
Temperature Range: ?"40 to +85.
Supports Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X & Linux 2.40.
The size of converter: 42mm X 15mm.
The weight of converter: 4g.
The length of terminal Strip: 430mm.
Note: The USB side must be connected to PC or Mac. Other USB devices like digital camera, scanner and printer is not allowed.
Package Content:
1X USB to TTL Converter
1X Standard 4 pin 0.1" pitch female to female terminal strip
1X Driver CD
User-inserted image

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

Have a read of this tutorial by Rex.

thanks rich.