Omnibot 3000 3d Printed Robotic Hd7 Arm!

Finally! I have finished LeXI's Arm design! here are the pics taken from 3D Studio. Will print tonight and tomorrow and assemble this weekend! this arm is SICK! Light weight,STRONG,and Inexpensive to make. Est. $16.00 of Filiment. will be posting as I go with this one. Will post it up on Thingivers as well as here ( STL files ) also notice the new EZ-Robot HD Lables.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

This looks great

Ok here is the Omnibot HD7 Arm in action (only claw/wrist/forearm) as of now. Enjoy.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

@aameralis, I would Never send you hatemail. You are my teacher. You did warn me to relax and not be too much in a hurry. I did not listen because I am too impatient. I always have been. Also, I was too excited. I get that way about robotics. Now, I am stuck with the prototype instead of the actual machine. It is not your fault, it is mine. You did mention a while back that you would print me up some stuff at cost plus shipping. If that is still true and it is not too expensive, I may want to do that so I can get your final product. I have invested a ton of money myself. I was stupid to buy model paint when Krylon was only $4 at Walmart. Live and learn. Your project is really going great and I am proud of you. It has been Amazing watching how your mind works. That in itself has been so much fun. You are a very Brilliant and talented man. Keep the videos coming, they are so inspirational. Sunshine was in theory supposed to be my best robot and my last robot because I am too worn out to do the contruction anymore. I want to concentrate on programming her. I have cut my robot collection from 15 down to four basic robots. I have a Leaf robot which operates on windows and will soon also go to ROS, then I have my second turtle which operates on ROS, my Qbo which operates on ROS and my Sunshine which will operate on Windows. After Sunshine is finished, I hope to just program and no more construction.

I wanted to tell you about a little problem I ran into. when I followed the directions I wound up with when I turn the swivel at the waist, my arm bumps into the corner of the waist. So, the shoulders need to be reaching a little further out to clear the waist when they are in the swivel mode.

I was thinking, each time you printed something, you could add a little part for MovieMaker and a little part here and there..... it may take a really long time, but evently, you would have a set for me to use. Over time, I may could afford it. But, of course if you do not wish to do this or don't have time, it's "ok". I can live with it. Just telll me what you think.

Hope that this helped.

Smile

ok finished the shoulder design. ordered my parts from Servocity and is gonna be a 3D printing marathon this weekend.

will update with the specs tonight. heres a few pics.

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

wrist twist

Is there any way you could print out the wrist and claw portion of this for me for my Omnibot 2000, I am not happy with stock claw and I can't find a good claw on the internet to replace it with. This is the very best I have seen. What would you charge? Please let me know. Thanks.

@clintgarr75 once I get my replicator back from repair I can print a pair out. I have a few other members items to print first and the remainder of my projects pieces then I would be happy to do it for you. cost wise do you need the wrist to rotate? give me an idea of how you will use/attach them to your project so I know what to print and get you a fair price.

I would like them to attach to the stock Omnibot 2000 arms if possible, what to you suggest? I am pretty new to the fabrication process, do you know if there is a good way to just use the stock claw and make it grab and rotate. That is what I originally wanted to do.