Award
Congratulations Robot Doc, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Ez-b Popped A Regulator Need To Know Which One To Buy.

Assistance Requested

Help Anthony XLRobots.com with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Anthony XLRobots.com claims to have checked these sources:

Well it had to happen when i was all suped up about my 3d printer. talk about a buzz kill. anyway i was working with the ez-b last night and a wire from another project must of touch the ez-b where the regulator/heatsink is and POP! freaked me out. i thought i fried the ez-b but it was the regulator only that poped. i need to know the make and model of the regulator so i can replace and install. the ez-b is working fine but wont give any voltage to the servos. i can run them on with the external power source. any help will be appreciated, a link to where to buy or if radio shack carries it. thanks in advance.

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

You're looking for a 5 volt 5 amp LM1084-5

I too faced the same problem... My regulator that supplies voltage to servos LM1084 popped up and now I am going to replace it...

I ordered 10 of them for the EZ-B boards (5) I have from Mouser.com. They are $2.02 plus $5 USPS shipping when you order 10. If just ordering 1 the price goes up to $2.47.

Mouser part number : 926-LM1084IT50NOPB
MFG Part Number LM1084IT-5.0/NOPB
5A LDO Pos Regs

User-inserted image

User-inserted image

I just wanted to confirm that @Robot-Doc gave you the correct information here Smile

Thanks guys. Order some on eBay,alwys good to have but a few just in case.

@Robot - Doc Thanks! for the info!