L298n H-bridge

Yes. I t seems to be ok now. I rebooted EZ and power is working.

Thank you very, very much.

Video may be a good idea or instruction at least.

Thanks again.

Yay! My Sabertooth is coming today, not sure when the Kangaroo will arrive but a tutorial and a video would be incredible for us newbies going this direction. From everything I have read - this combination is the Way to Go! Thanks Richard - hopefully you will have a tutorial for us shortly :-)

Castle

There are a few videos of the Kangaroo/Sabertooth boards on Youtube. Check them out.

Castle, When using a Kangaroo with the Sabertooth your dip switches will be set completely different then what RR shows.

There is very little on the net about the Kangaroo. What I found was very little use. Your best bet is asking or searching here as it seems there are is a lot of knowledge on this forum about it. DE has a good Tech Support person but she is real slow do to overwork load. Make sure you read all the documents on the controllers your getting from DE's web site. I posted links in your other thread you started about all this. Here's one that I made that show somewhat how to do an auto tune:

BTW, did you see the posts on your other thread regarding this subject? You may want to use that thread from now on. This is kinda off subject from what we are talking about. Smile

Thanks Dave - switching to Multiple Motors

Hello. Newbie to EZ-B here. Not new to electronics/robotics.

I am unable to get my motors to react. I am using two power supplies, so I wanted to make sure that connecting one of the ground pins on the top of the EZ-B to the ground of the power input of the board is sufficient.

If it is, I do not know why things aren't working.

I have the PWM bridge. I have LTA->D8, LTB->D9, LPWM->D12,RTA->D10,RTB->D11,RPWM->D13.

I have hooked the motor battery directly to the motors to confirm they are working.

What should I do first to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

ground to a ground pin on the EZ-B should be fine.

Some LN298's seem to have the 5v button wired backwards, so even though this tutorial says it should be in the down position, try it in the up position.

Alan

Quote:

Some LN298's seem to have the 5v button wired backwards, so even though this tutorial says it should be in the down position, try it in the up position.

That was it. I put the button in the up position, the 5V LED lit, and the motors started responding to the controls.

Thank you.