2nd Movement Control Panel Request Or Communication Only For Robosapien

Hello DJ, I was wondering if it would be possible to have 2 Movement Panels or use a different type of control panel for communication to a Robosapien? I am working on a RAD/Robosapien combination and need to be able to drive the RAD base. I will not be using the legs of Robosapien.

Thank you,

Bret

Sorry. There will never be two Movement Panels, as there are only one method of "moving" a robot. However, there is no reason you cannot control the Robosapien by EZ-Script commands without the RoboSapien Movement Panel.

Oh. Okay. Thank you. So I don't need to use the Movement Panel for robosapien just connect to its board via port 1 on the EZ-B for communication and use that port number in my script?

From the EZ-Script Help....

Quote:

RoboSapien( RoboSapienCommand )
Send a command to a RoboSapien connected on port D1. Find the available RoboSapien commands further down in this document.
. Example: RoboSapien( WalkForward )
. Example: RoboSapien( LeftArmUp )

Quote:

RoboSapien Commands
. TurnRight
. RightArmUp
. RightArmOut
. TiltBodyRight
. RightArmDown
. RightArmIn
. WalkForward
. WalkReverse
. TurnLeft
. LeftArmUp
. LeftArmOut
. TiltBodyLeft
. LeftArmDown
. LeftArmIn
. Stop
. WakeUp
. Burp
. RightHandStrike
. RightHandSweep
. RightHandStrike2
. HighFive
. Fart
. LeftHandStrike
. LeftHandSweep
. Whistle
. Roar

Thanks DJ! You are the BEST! I truly mean that. I love EZ-B

Nice. See brett ez robot saves the day again Winky

Always does....

Awh you two Smile Flattery will get you everywhere Grin

I can think of other reasons to want two or more Movement Panels. I want to drive two robots from the same computer/EZ-B instance in order to coordinate their movements to some extent (I am going to have a small drone bot to go where my big bot can't fit, and it will normally ride in a garage on the bigger bot).

However, as you point out, I could script the movement of the second bot, or run a second instance of EZ-B in a virtual machine (probably need a second BT radio to dedicate to the VM. Need to experiment a bit).

I can think of other reasons for multiple panels though too. Like different drive trains for different terrain (flip bot, wheels on one side, treads on the other or something...).

Alan

Also articulated drive trains with independent control options like all-terrain rovers (I like the LandMaster from Damnation Ally Smile) and multi-segmented designs such as centripetal robots, etc... there are no limitations on multi-motion design or reasoning for such design except what we allow by convention. That's what I love about the field of robotics... lots of flexibility in desire, design and solution Grin

While scripts can be made and multiple joysticks used for multi-moment needs, the moment panel does allow simple on-screen control for new users or R&D facilitation... and, to me, exemplifies the term EZ... that said, anyone using multi-moment robots is likely skilled enough to "move" Winky beyond that single control.

I have so many ideas... hoping I can afford more kits soon...

Also, @Alan, you can run multiple instances of EZ-Builder without the virtual PC requirement... but may? require separate connection links (BT or USB-TTL, etc.) to their respective EZ-B boards.