My First Robot "minion"

That is true. I think though, if sfoy has sufficiant torque already and even has to limit the PWM to 50%, then adding a little weight might be more practical without having to change a lot about the robot itself, that would really be a shame because it's sweet looking just as it is.

I think that most of the weight is from the material it is made of, it would be hard to shift the weight without starting over and changing it's entire construction. The camera is also adding weight and probably is the major part that is shifting the weight to the top. Though the cam isn't al that heavy I'm guessing and can easily be compensated for, the rest is mostly the Minion itself.

Just a bit more weight on the bottom might just make that difference between falling over and maintaining stability. You could simply place something in there just to see how far of an effect it really has. Then you could think about what kind of object of similar weight and various shapes could be added.

oops, I didn't see your last post haha. Never mind the weight thing. Tongue

Kristian.

All the weight is at the bottom. It's not very heavy at all. It's really that it's on a 5" base that's maybe an inch from the ground. If he's on a flat surface he's great. But the
base is really small and he's about 17" tall.

He cant move off my carpet in my room (where pc is located) because of the bluetooth.

Oh haha I'm sorry Samantha, I miss understood.

And yeah, having hundreds of them might be a little too much. I do like your Minion though, it certainly looks the part and it's just very original. Very cool. Smile

mostly it batteries are at the bottom to balance the weight,mostly what i meant about shifting weight

I completly missunderstood, my apologees.

Did you have already have new ideas for a project Samantha?
I'm curious to see more of your work.

Kristian.

Yes actually my next project is in the works. I am hacking a robosapien, for his torso. I am using the head from ottobot. I may be using a hearoid omni bit for lower body. Got mini itx. So he will not need a computer. He will have ai.

That sounds really cool. I can't wait to see some pics.

That does sound cool, I can't wait either.

Yeah we'll see what happens.....