I am building a robot that weighs about 15KG. I realized that the continuous rotation servo motors will not be ideal to drive the base wheel
I am considering a 12V DC motor to do this task. Now my questions:
1) Is a 12V DC motor ideal option for the base wheel? If not could you make some recommendations.
2)Assuming the 12V DC motor is the best option, How do I get the EZ-Robot to control a two 12V DC motors?
3) How do I go about connecting it to a 12V power supply?
I will appreciate any feedback feedback.
I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.
Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities.
Check it out!
To answer your questions...
1) 12v motor would be fine for a 15kg bot (depending on the motors size, gearing and torque output)
2) You need a motor controller like an H-bridge or Sabertooth motor controller
3) The motor controller powers the motors... The 12V battery is connected to the H-bridge or sabertooth and then the h-bridge is connected to the motors... The ezb4 controls the motors through the H-bridge via a script or Movement Panel in ez builder...