Ibm Watson Plug In Service?

@fxrtst if you’d like to send me an email at my gmail account in my profile I might be able to work with you more one to one if you’d like?

I think we all want to see your Alan and Alena be successful!

Ok will do tomorrow. Thanks.

@fxrtst Yes... api.ai was recently renamed into dialogflow, but the interface is unchanged and the integration with EZ-Builder should still work out OK! Winky

And yes, there is a constant change, and the improvements made are worth keeping an eye on...so if there are people wanting to develop for the other cognitive services out there, it would be a very very good thing!

But dialogflow is a very easy to use and well integrated option within EZ-Builder, which also very valuable since it belongs to Google and we will not be at risk to be stuck with a dead end...

I checked the Links @Nink provided and it looks very interesting, we as DIY builders are given the chance to use the Ibm Watson service for our own projects and it seems like there will be a community growing at a good rate!

On the other hand Google released kind of the same thing a while ago... @ptp was already looking into this! It is also a Rasberry Pi with a microphone and speaker, which lets you implement agents being build and try them on your own system!
It was sold out and I was not able to get one, but it should be back soon...

You'll find info about it here...
https://aiyprojects.withgoogle.com/voice#project-overview

As Professor Farnsworth would say, "Good News Everyone", I just retested the ai.api setup plugin with a clean project and it still works even though Google rebranded it and changed the website console name, all of DJ's directions from the plugin page still apply you'll just be directed to the new website when you try to log into to the old ai.api console page.

Good news...and Happy New 2018, may it be a good one for robot building! Smile

Hi Wil,

First, Happy New Year and Best Wishes for the upcoming year...

Wasn't Dave Cochran working on a lot of this with ai.api ? Is any of his work still applicable ? and usable ? I know it has been about a year old but he was going in a direction like what is being discussed.

He is not available due to his work load but can anything he did still be used ?

Ron

P.S Happy New Year @Mickey666Maus

Quote:

Wasn't Dave Cochran working on a lot of this with ai.api ? Is any of his work still applicable ? and usable ? I know it has been about a year old but he was going in a direction like what is being discussed.

Yes he was, and yes it is all still applicable...
I did research a lot about api.ai too, and it is easy to use and building your own application for it is quiet doable! I will try to sit and make an example of usage..

Thanks, I plan on doing a lot more with Antonn this year. I have a lot to learn about api.ai and what it will do for my project. I will be watching for your example and will continue to try to gather the needed information.

Ron

I created a video tour overview of chat bot services to share my thoughts in video format for members that might be interested and confused on what they are and how to use them.

I looked further into the Watson service and I signed up for an IBM cloud account. The interface for the chat bot agent setup is now web based just like Dialogflow (AI.API), which is good news.

The interfaces don't appear as intuitive to me as the Dialogflow but I'm also the least failure with the IBM offerings.

I took a look at the MQTT setup and I don't feel that would be a good solution for most members because it requires a lot of steps and I don't think it's a professional setup.

I do think a plugin is very doable. If I'm the one creating it, it's a matter of time for me to do it and finding that time.

Net result though in my opinion, I'm not sure Watson offers functionally anything additional than dialogflow other than it sounds ultra posh and maybe that's all that matters.

I guess I'm wondering if from a functional stand point anyone knows of something cool that the Watson IBM cloud chat service does that we would really want?