Variable Watcher In Mobile Interface?

The Mobile Interface Builder tutorial

www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Help.aspx?id=196

says the variable watcher is a supported control, but I don't see how to add it

Thanks,
Frank

You add it to your project. And when you click on controls, it shows in the list.

You can add controls to a project in EZ-Builder with the Project -> Add Control button

Most all The Robot Program episodes demonstrate how to add a control to EZ-Builder. Check them out! Have fun Smile

Oh, I also forgot that the manual page for all controls has instructions on how to add it to EZ-Builder. The control in question manual page is here: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Help.aspx?id=179

Look at the top of the page and it explains how to add the control to EZ-Builder. Once added, any controls added that are supported can be viewed with the Controls button, or use the applicable ShowControl() in ezscript.

User-inserted image

@dj
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm thinking I did not state my question correctly

I know how to add and use the variable watcher control in the desktop, but I don't see anyway to add it in the mobile interface

[quote] Look at the top of the page and it explains how to add the control to EZ-Builder. Once added, any controls added that are supported can be viewed with the Controls button, or use the applicable ShowControl() in ezscript. [/code]

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Controls" button? I

However, I can see that if I add the control in the desktop, as you suggested, it is available in scripting but only with limited functions... i.e. it doesn't make it visible in the mobile interface

User-inserted image

Maybe it would help if I explained what I'm trying to accomplish... they may be an easier way

I want to view the state of a digital input in the mobile interface. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Frank

1) Add the Variable Watcher to your EZ-Builder project. Consult the manual for the variable watcher on how to add controls. Press PROJECT->ADD CONTROL and locate the variable watcher. This will add the variable watcher to your project.

2) Save your project to the cloud

3) Load your project on a mobile device from the EZ-Cloud

4) Access the variable watcher with the CONTROLS menu option in the EZ-Builder mobile interfae

Alternatively, you can specify what control to have in the foreground in the mobile interface by using the ShowControl() function in the OnClick of a button. You can view what ShowControl() options exist by looking at the Cheat Sheet. Click on the Cheat Sheet <-here to read more about it.

Here is a project i made for you: showvariablewatcher.EZB

For more information on making mobile apps, please consult this link: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Lesson/68

@DJ,
Thanks for the very detailed response... I really appreciate it

Frank

Anytime Grin