Usb To Serial Connection Camera Option

OK so tx to rx and rx to tx are connected correctly, no RTC or CTS connected.
Terminal shows a connection at 3,333,333. I changed computers and cameras to make sure com ports working and camera working. I'm now on com 3:

User-inserted image

On New computer and camera I get this error:

Camera Initialized: COM3 @ 320x240
UART Camera Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'com3' is denied.
at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()
at EZ_B.UARTVideo.MjorDt1ipt(Int32 , Object )
Camera Disabled

Denied because you're still connected to the camera using the terminal program. You can only access a COM port with one program at a time.

.....well never trust a cable guide from china. The online image of the PL2023 wiring is incorrect. The TX and RX are mismarked. At the last minute I decided to try changing the TX and RX wires and Bingo I have a steady and fast frame rate!

Thank you for hanging in there with me.

I will re edit all the correct wiring and repost so anyone else who wants to convert their ez camera to USB will have a correct wiring diagram if they use the PL2023.

Nice - glad it's working. I bet it works real fast and responsive too! The camera connected directly to the PC would be amazing fast

It is!

Here is the wiring diagram when using the PL2303 to convert the ez camera to a usb camera. The PL2303 has baud rates up to 12mbps, so it supports 3,333,333 baud for the ez camera. It’s $10 and works great!

Please not DO NOT cross the TX and the RX, the wiring diagram from China is incorrect. Please connect TX to TX and RX to RX.

Do not use the 5 volts from the cable but rather connect 3.3v and ground from the EZB using the regulated 3.3v on the Analog ports. also connect a ground from the EZB to RTC.

Link to PL2303HXD from amazon: PL2303HXD

User-inserted image