Ips (indoor Positioning System)

@Jeremie... Personally I am holding out for the J.E.N.I.E plugin that @DJ was most certainty alluding to... Tongue

Thanks for that answer Jeremie, that was a question that a few people had.

@Richard R oh me too, me too. We all know @DJ is a magic man, I want to see him make some Robin Williams style genies pop out of my computer Grin

@bhouston no prob Winky but sometimes I feel bad posting some answers on here as the brainstorming and speculation seems to come to an end. I ruin all the fun lol.

Ok all joking aside... We really need to get our hands on the IPS first to see what it can do for ourselves before asking for additions or changes.... Here's the thing that possibly some people forget about ez builder. The control offers a certain amount of functionality built in so we don't need to write much code if any to use it... However scripting offers way more flexibility beyond the control itself... If the IPS is like every other control in ez builder we will have the flexibility to script what we want. This would be some degree over and beyond the core function of the control... Brush up on your scripting skills because I think the IPS will deliver...

I like D.J. Grinsolution... well I habe the cash ready to preorder the ips...
how do we enter the pre-order?
it will make a nice christmass 2017 present to me from me

The IPS looks amazing and I will be happy when it is ready to ship!

Will be great to guide a bot to a re-charge station, or for my house there is a small step which divides the living room which it could not go over, but with a small ramp for that step the IPS would guide it straight over that ramp...lovely. : )

@antguru... No pre-order anymore for ez robot products.... It's only when it comes out in the store will you be able to purchase it...

@DJ,

Any preference for the tripods to be used with the IPS System? Is there any particular suggested height for the tripod in order for the IPS Sytem to work properly. I was thinking a regular camera tripod would work and I think the height is somewhat adjustable on some of them. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated....Rick

Tri-pods are great, when collapsed and sitting at their lowest height, they don't take up much room.

Mini tri-pods are great also, they would work great for an IPS station.

How big will the IPS be? Maybe those tiny handy cam tripods would work well? : )
User-inserted image