Award
Congratulations thetechguru, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Finding Windows Software Old Version To Support Ezb-3

Assistance Requested

Help robo rad with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

Product: (click to view product details)

EZ-Builder Control: (click to view manual page)

robo rad claims to have checked these sources:

My first robot Rad is completed and I have another Rad 1.0 Bot that was broken with a bad power wire, I have repaired it but since it came with no remote and it runs on a different R.c. frequency than my first rad-bot ,I want to use the second EZB-3 that I have instead of removing the other EZB-4,this way I will have 2 working bots. After reading the thread about trading in the EZB-3 for a buy back program I found this one comment about the windows software that still supports EZB-3...."The last version that will support the v3 will be preserved on the site." Is this true as I have looked around and can only find the new version v4 software Link? *confused*
User-inserted image

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

The current version still supports the V3.

Alan

Oh really? that is great! I only then need to add the blue tooth device on my Laptop or get a better laptop with Bluetooth already built in,I just assumed this last update no longer supported the old EZB-3,If I need to add Bluetooth support to my Laptop,is there a certain type I should buy?

At least I now know it can be done,thanks Techguru! Grin

Thanks DJ exactly what I wanted to find next! Smile

Is it still supported? I do not see on the software where to add the COMM port.

Yes the EZ-Bv3 is still available to use in the EZ-Builder Software. Just click on the box that has the IP address displayed in the Connection Control to find the com ports that you have installed.

User-inserted image

Thanks! This is useful, I've not used my ezb v3 since 2010 will the older firmware still work? or will it need upgraded? - How?

Thanks, Doc

@SubBass100: this link from my previous comment in this thread: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/EZ-Bv3.aspx

More specifically, use the firmware upgrade program that is installed with EZ-Builder