Quick Introduction Of Me And My First Robot

Awesome! I can build and program all day long but i couldn't design something like this. No vision, i guess. :-) Very cool man, im looking forward to seeing what you do next.

I'm currently not at home so my apologies for a late reply, thank you all very much for such a great response!

@Richard R
The cat's name is Strumpan ( translates "the sock" ) and she is indeed not very interested in sharing her blanket, haha.

@Dj Sures
You will definitely be seeing videos of the robot in action in the future! I've already begun planning some upgrades for Dorian and those new servos are definitely one of them.

@Dave Schulpius
I was making decent progress on the walking animation before going away so hopefully I'll have him walking around soon enough to make a video and show you. I'm still in the process of choosing which voice to go with but I've narrowed it down to a few alternatives so I'm getting close.

@thetechguru
She just barely tolerates Dorian at the moment so maybe I should give him a laser pointer too... good idea, thanks!

@CochranRobotics
Thanks! I'm sure I will have a good time learning with it as well.

@cem
Sadly no videos of the robot in action yet, I did make a quick video introducing the robot once it was assembled but I didn't have time to do much coding or animations before going away. I'll get to that as soon as I'm back home.

@JustinRatliff
I haven't thought about it actually, but I don't see a reason why not. I'm making some small changes still and will be re-printing a few parts soon, so once I've made the changes and I'm happy with them I'd be glad to share the .stl files if someone wants to take a look.

@rb550f
Thank you, I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

@WilliamK
Thanks! If I managed to do it I'm sure you could as well, hehe. Made lots of painful mistakes and still feel like there are lots of improvements to be made, but it is a start.

i was injoying pictures as i came to this robot.very cool.
any video's reddy ?

Hey there Nomad, thank you very much! This year turned out to be a lot busier than I thought it would be, and so progress on Dorian has been very slow. I'm just now getting back to actively developing him and some other projects.
There are a couple videos of him on my youtube-channel but your timing is actually great since I am going to be uploading some new content very soon.

How is your darth jader coming along?

Hi i have look on your youtube.great thanks

Cool looking robot...I know the feeling that at times you would like to do so much more with robot building but your day job and all the stuff in life keeps you from doing so!

Great to see your project out there! It must have been very rewarding once you have seen him completely assembled! Grin

Did you get him to do some cool stuff in the meantime? Smile

Very retro style, like iron giant style retro, I like that it looks metal too.

@Mickey666Maus and @jstarne1 thank you very much. It is indeed tough when you really want to work on a project and other things get in the way, feels great now that I'm making progress again though!