Award
Congratulations thetechguru, for answering the question and has received an EZ-Credit award! Share what you have learned and create a tutorial to help others by clicking here.

Assistance Requested

Help burnnet with their question and receive $10 of EZ-Credit to get more robots and parts from our store. The following information was provided about their previous efforts searching tutorials for a resolution.

burnnet claims to have checked these sources:

I am trying to connect to my old robot based on EZ-B v3 to an EZ-Builder Version 2017.01.26.00 but when I click on connect on COM5 (that is assigned port on a blue tooth device) I receive a message that "This device is not an EZ-B". Am I doing something wrong or the EZ-Bv3 is no longer an EZ-B? Please help, I would really like to have this robot resurrected and the only way to do so is via the EZ-Builder.
Thank You
Chris
User-inserted image

User-inserted image

I have found a few conversations, tutorials and activities that may help with your question. Take a look at these links. I've sorted them by what I believe to be most relevant but that is not always the case as I'm still learning.

Also, consider reviewing the Learn section for informative lessons and activities. Check it out!

It is still supported, although more and more features only work with v4.

Make sure to run the v3 firmware updater (if you haven't used it in a long time, this is probably the issue). Try com4 instead of com5.

Worst comes to worse, you can get $50 in store credit sending your v3 back and use it towards buying a v4.

Alan

as alan said,

1) Upgrade the firmware

2) the v3 will eventually no longer be supported, so buy-back program is a good idea: https://www.ez-robot.com/Community/Forum/Thread?threadId=7137

Grin

Thank you very much for such a quick replay. I have tried COM 4 as well, and the firmware update, (its been long time since I have done that) but its still the same issue, the board will not connect. I did not know about the buy-back program. The 50 dollars EZ-Credit is super generous, thank you guys.

i have the same thing happening to me but i just both a v4 when i try to connect to my ez builder debug say the device is not a ez-b but it is connected to my wifi i have watch the tutorial and i did everything many time but still the same message it say report 69 ? since i am a new comer just dont know what to do i need help *confused*