VP of Marketing (Calgary, AB)
We are the first Cloud Robotics Platform. At EZ-Robot, we live and breathe robotics and we’re on a mission to share our passion worldwide. We imagine, design, and create powerful robot technologies used by customers across 85 countries. Our robot platform assists enterprise development and educates people of all ages, allowing everyone to embrace robotic technology.
We’re a mature start-up, with significant demand and ready for the next phase of growth and evolution. Our new VP of Marketing will take us to the next level.
Who Are You?
You are a senior marketing professional in search of an exciting challenge to advance and scale global brand awareness. You want to be part of a strong leadership team, in a company where you can make a huge societal impact, and have fun doing it!
You have a background in tech product marketing and you’re passionate about technologies that will change the world, and the future.
As our new VP of Marketing, you will oversee marketing operations for EZ-Robot. You’ll manage our advertising and marketing budget and direct a small team of employees and contractors responsible for content creation. Under your leadership, our community will significantly grow with new users.
Your highest priority will be to identify, define, and deliver our brand to build a public awareness that resonates with our customers, which results in measurable growth of the user community. You’ll live and breathe our mission and vision. Your actions, decisions, and directions will be made with one question in mind: how do we convey our message clearly to the public to attract new users into the community?
Your biggest asset in this role is your ability to communicate effectively. Equipped with a solid understanding of marketing in the technology sector, you’re able to take technical data and information and translate it, so others can easily understand.
You’ll keep the bigger picture in view as you lead marketing initiatives. You’ll provide regular feedback and guidance to your team and leadership about progress and adjust our strategy as needed. Whether you’re communicating to your team, senior leaders, or to the public, we can count on you to always deliver your message clearly.
Working at EZ-Robot
We’re a close-knit group who genuinely enjoy working together. We’re casual, fun, and relaxed. We have comfortable hang-out areas in our bright, modern office, and pinball machines and arcade games. We often spend time together outside of work, socializing after a long day.
We value your autonomy– working here means having the freedom to come up with creative solutions, and then being able to implement them. We’re flexible, and don’t get too caught up on the details.
There’s tons of room for growth here, as we continue to expand. We can’t wait to meet you.
This is a full-time, permanent position working in our Calgary office. You’ll work Monday to Friday and are required in office between core hours of 10-4. Outside of those hours, your work schedule is very flexible: you’ll manage it yourself, taking into consideration your deadlines and deliverables.
Our business complex offers a shuttle service to Chinook Station, so we’re accessible by public transit.
We offer a competitive salary, depending on your experience. You will have access to stock options and performance-based bonuses.
Vacation time is flexible and negotiable to accommodate your exciting vacations and personal reasons. Staff is given a health spending account, while we formalize our benefits plan, which you will have access to as well.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategy for marketing campaigns and drive their execution
- Oversee the creation and distribution of all marketing materials (print, web, box packaging, video, graphic design, etc.)
- Source contractors (e.g. graphic designers, videographers) and establish positive working relationships with them
- Supervise, manage, and distribute work to the marketing team and contractors
- Work cross-departmentally to identify marketing needs for the company
- Conduct market research through customer focus groups
- Oversee marketing and customer survey distribution and analysis
- Attend international conferences to promote the EZ-Robot brand
- Lead internal presentations to staff and senior leaders about marketing progress
- Measure that advertising spend is effective and has desired outcomes
- A leader – you’re strategic with a growth mindset and a keen understanding of business operations. Our team will look to you for guidance about all things marketing, branding, and advertising.
- Results-oriented – you’re motivated by measurable outcomes. Seeing our user community grow in response to your marketing strategy will energize you every day.
- Passionate – for you, this isn’t just another marketing job. Our mission resonates with you - you truly believe in what we do. Like us, you want to make a difference. Here, you can.
- Experience in a senior marketing role in the technology industry
- Experience with technology product marketing
- Experience with brand development
- Experience managing marketing and advertising budgets
- Experiencing leading a team (supervising, distributing, reviewing work)
- Experience conducting market research (e.g. focus groups, surveys, etc.) and analyzing and reporting on customer data
- Experience working with marketing software and tools (MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Google Analytics)
- Experience in a tech start-up is an asset
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in marketing, business or related field is an asset but not required
How To Apply